Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Life in Hyper-real

It seems that in my two and odd years of blogging on this here weblog, I have written 40 posts.

That's 20 posts a year.

1.66* posts a month.

I'm surprised.

I thought it'd be 1.66* posts a year. Perhaps, 5 at the outset.

Anyhow.

It seems that unlike most bloggers, I lack discipline, passion and talent. And a central theme (which eventually goes back to discipline, passion and talent).

I can't get myself to write on economics or technology or music or cinema or my love life or my job or me.

Perhaps, it just boils down to the futility of the exercise and to a certain level, revealing more of myself than I'd be comfortable with. On the other extreme, there's a fear of compartmentalization and stagnation if I write on a single subject or related ones, for that matter.

Whatever the reasons, I'm leaving a trail here. And wasting space.

But if there ever comes a day when I will stop feeling self-conscious and start expressing myself in more concrete terms, I'd like to have the space to do that.

And that space is Chez Raskolnikovna.

2 comments:

meowiyer said...

you're silly if you think you are wasting space.
if the space fits, then wear it.
i love you. hugs.

shakuni said...

you don't need to have a central theme, my dear. it's fine as it is.